Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Gunslinger



The story of Roland Deschain is not finished yet! Stephen King is collaberating on his first comic book series.

I've always enjoyed Stephen King, and I started the Dark Tower series when I was but a wee lad of 15. The series had its ups and downs over the years, and I got a bit scared when I thought the story had seriously lost it's way in book 5. Fortunately, King managed to pull it all together for one hell of a finish. I've never cried from a book, but sections of the 7th book got me as close as I can come.

Tears or no, it was hard to read that last page, knowing that there wasn't a part 8 coming. After being with me for 15 years, I felt a strong longing to experience more of that world. Now, with this news, I'm going to get a monthly installment!