Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sad Tuesday

Two things occured today that made me sad. . .

1. A Feast for Crows. I starting reading this series about two years ago. I had heard about it for along time, but I kept putting it off. Finally, I just sat down and struggled through the first two hundred pages. . . then, by some miracle, it started to flow like sweet, sweet honey and turned into my second all-time favorite fantasy story after Lord of the Rings. This series is truly amazing. Today was the release date in stores for teh highly anticipated 4th book. Jackie ordered it for me over a month ago, and now it's due to arrive any day. I was just hoping that today would be that day.

2. Civilization IV. I am not big on video games. . . at least not anymore. I have a Playstation 1 and when I'm bored, I'll play some Madden Football '01, or maybe rehash Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. The exception to this general malaise is Civilization III. . . I was a hardcore junkie for a while, averaging a full game every week (for those that haven't played, all full game takes between 20-40 hours, depending on how long you're at war). Today, I still devote a good 5+ hours a month to playing it, with multiple campaigns (currently the Greeks and a horrible showing with the Iraqois). Anyway, I almost went out and bought this game today, but then I saw that a majority of reviews on Amazon.com had given it one star/no stars, based on a number of dramatic bugs and flaws. I have a feeling that I may still have to wait awhile for this one.

I hope the wait for both of these titles will be worth it.