Sunday, November 13, 2005

On Writing

This has been a busy couple of days. I am desperately trying to catch up the word count in my NaNoWriMo submission. I got an E_mail from the website the other day, saying that the second week is when you're supposed to run out of steam. This is the unfettered truth, because floudered I have. I still plan on slogging through it anyway, though.

Also, I have gotten past "first draft" mode on two full manuscripts for a magazine. I was way over my projected word count for both, and am in the process of breaking my own heart. One is still a little over, but within acceptable limits. The other one has been a souce of frustration. I'm probably going to have to ask the editors about it, and find out what their policy/standards/requiremetnss/whatever are.

My writing plan this next week is to turn in both manuscripts, finish the inital outline on another one, get a few more mag. proposals out before they all get backed-up up in my brain, and catch up NaNoWriMo starting tomorrow. This means that I need to average almost 4,000 words each day this week. Work is very light this week, so with no revisions, and no looking back. . . it might be possible.